SPORTS FIELD MANAGEMENT 101
Friday, January 12th, 2018 at the Hot Springs Convention Center
- Are you responsible for maintaining an athletic field at your school?
- Would like to learn more about providing a safe and attractive field for your student-athletes?
- Would you like to earn professional development hours?
If you answered yes, then plan on attending “Sports Field Management 101”, an introductory course intended for coaches and others who are responsible for field care that do not have a formal training in turfgrass management.
This half-day course will be offered the morning of Friday, January 12th, 2018 at the Hot Springs Convention Center and will be instructed by turfgrass scientists from the University of Arkansas as part of the 2018 Arkansas Turfgrass Association Annual Conference and Trade Show.
Sports Field Management 101
- This half-day seminar will cover the fundamentals of caring for your football, baseball, softball, and soccer fields and included best management practices for:
- weed control
- managing high-traffic areas
- disease control
- overseeding for fall/winter/spring play
- renovating damaged areas
- insect control
- Registration for this course available HERE.
- This course will be part of the Parks and Sports Turf Management education program at the 2018 Arkansas Turfgrass Conference and Trade Show. Arkansas Activities Association members will receive a discounted rate to attend the course as well as the full conference.
- This course has been approved for professional development hours by the Arkansas Department of Education.
- Instruction will be provided by Turfgrass Science personnel from the University of Arkansas Horticulture Department.
- Need more info? Contact Dr. Douglas Karcher at email@example.com.